We sometimes place small data files called cookies on your device, which enable this website to work properly and remember your preferences. You can delete all cookies already on your device and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed, however some functionalities may not work.

Help DEFGLIS to support Movember

2015 11 10 Movember Logo

Every November, many men and women support a cause they hold dear in raising awareness of Men’s Mental and Physical Health. The cause is aptly called Movember for the glorious moustaches that people either grow or donate to encourage.

DEFGLIS considers that this is a worthy cause to support and has formed a team this year.

Unlike previous years, 2015 also includes the option to MOVE every day for the 30 days of Movember. Whether it's a workout, a game of ping pong or an epic bike ride, no MOVE is too big or small. Grow your moustache, MOVE, or do both!

If you are unable to grow a moustache, I encourage donating to your friends and family who will sacrifice their top lip to a cause that will undoubtedly provide a month of laughs and fun for those both taking part or observing. 

A new DEFGLIS Movember group will be created and will be open to all Mo Bros and Mo Sistas who would like to participate. I look forward to seeing everyone getting involved.  Further information on what Movember has accomplished is provided below.

Over the last 11 years Movember has raised 685 million dollars for men’s health. Over $21.7 million was raised in Australia alone during Movember 2014 and 86% ($18.7m) of that has gone to a variety of Men’s health programs. These programs include Prostate Cancer, Testicular Cancer, Poor Mental Health, and Physical Inactivity, with the remaining 14% broken up by Advertising (9%), Admin (3%) and Retained funds for future campaigns (2%). This 86% to 14% is under the international standards of 15-25%, ensuring that the programs receive as much of the funding as possible. 

Get involved now by joining the DEFGLIS team here.


2016 05 10 ReflectionsThumb

StoreGraphic2

Latest News

Breaking the Binary: Gender Diversity in Defence

DEFGLIS celebrates International Non-binary People’s Day on 14 July 2020 International Non-Binary People’s day is held every year on 14 July, at the midpoint between International Women’s and International Men’s days...

Read more

LGBTI DV Awareness Day launches 28 May 2020

DEFGLIS Treasurer Don Robertson discusses active bystander behaviour and support for domestic & family violence victims - along with the launch of LGBTI DV Awareness Day with DVConnect Director Ben Bjarnesen DEFGLIS...

Read more

DEFGLIS Board Update: May 2020

DEFGLIS is providing advice on transgender and gender diverse policies, and seeking out opportunities for networking in the wake of COVID-19. This update provides a snapshot of the key outcomes...

Read more

Rainbow cake and conversations: 30 year IDAHOBIT milestone celebrated globally

DEFGLIS Events Director Bonnie Doyle discusses why 30 years on, IDAHOBIT is such an important day for our community. I’m at a brand new workplace this year and I raised the...

Read more

Experience in management, communication or support?

Become a volunteer